Thursday, July 25, 2013

Vision Fatigue: Causes and Solutions



What is different about the way we live that has more and more patients increasingly fatigued? Our environment and how we function in it has drastically changed in the past few years, and has changed faster than in any other time in our history.



  1. Our indoor world and media consumption habits have changed.
  2. The symptoms of Computer Vision Syndrome and Digital Eye Strain include chronic headache, blurred vision and overall fatigue are more prevalent.
  3. Viewing digital screens has substantially increased with the use of smart phones, tablets and computers.
  4. The light transmitted from devices to and around the eyes is full of visual noise from high-energy visible (HEV) light waves that are just beyond the visible spectrum.
  5. High-efficiency compact fluorescence and LED lighting have replaced inefficient incandescent bulbs.
Visit us online or call us at 541-773-1414 to schedule an appointment today with Dr. Douglas Smith, O.D. to relieve the visual stresses of your electronic world with Recharge.  

Bison Vision Center   |   585 Murphy Road   |   Medford   |   Oregon   |   97504
www.bisonvisioncenter.com   |   541-773-1414 (o)   |   541-773-5613 (f)

2 comments:

  1. I think my son has this problem. his teacher has been telling me about it that is why I opted to research about it here on the internet and I cam across your blog. This is quite a hefty explanation of it. Now, at least I'm convinced that my son really has eye issues. I will be bringing him to the optometrist as soon as possible. Thanks to your post.

    Manhattan eye doctors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lure Bugoy, I am glad that I have been able to provide you with some information and apologies for the delay in my response. I've just posted some additional information on why some children are classified with "Learning Disabilities" while vision issues may be the cause. http://docbison.blogspot.com/2014/09/school-special-learning-disabilities.html

      Delete